新视野第一册翻译经典古诗词|诗歌大全来源： http://shicimingju.cn/shige/ 2020-11-05 17:24诗词名句 586 ℃
1. 对于网络课程，学生不仅可以选择何时何地学习， 在回答问题之前他们还可以有时间思考答案。 (not
only... but also...)
Suggested answer: Not only can students choose when and where to learn for an
online course, but they can also take time to think through answers before making
Suggested answer: She is excited by the idea of online learning while he considers
it meaningless and useless.
3. 与以英语为母语的人交谈是非常有益的体验，从中我们能学到许多东西。(communicate with)
Suggested answer: Communicating with native English speakers is a very
rewarding experience from which we can learn a lot.
4. 如今，越来越多的人可以利用互联网查找他们需要的信息。(have access to)
Suggested answer: Today, more and more people have access to the Internet
through which they look for the information they need.
5. 他要她放弃工作在家照顾孩子，但是她觉得这个要求太过分了。(give up)
Suggested answer: He wants her to give up working and stay home to look after the
children. She feels, however, that this is too much for her.
6. 既然我们已经学完这门课程，就应该多做些复习。(now that)
Suggested answer: Now that we have finished the course, we shall start doing
more revision work.
1. I'll never forget the teacher who showed me that learning a foreign language could be
fun and rewarding. Were it not for him, I would not be able to speak English as well as I
Suggested answer: 我永 远都不会忘记那位老师，是他告诉我学外语是有趣的、有价值的。如果没有
2. No other language lets you experience the cultures of the world like English. With a
strong knowledge of the English language, you can have wonderful cultural adventures.
Suggested answer: 没有任何其他语言能像英语那样让你感受到多姿多彩的世界文化 。有了过硬的英
3. Instead of only writing compositions about the subjects that your teacher has given you,
do something enjoyable, like writing emails to a friend
Suggested answer: 写作不仅仅要写老师布置的话题, 而且要写自己感兴趣的东西，例如，用英语给
4. Distance learning courses are courses in which the instructor communicates with
students using computer technology
Suggested answer: 远程教学课程是指授课者与学生通过计算机通信技术进行交流的课程。
5. English is not only the most useful language in the world, but it is also one of the easiest
languages to learn and to use.
Suggested answer: 英语不但是世界上最有用的语言，也是世界上最易学、易用的语言之一。
6. Distance learning courses give students greater freedom of time management, but these
classes require more self-discipline than other classes
Suggested answer: 远程教学课程在时间安排上给予学生更多的自由，但与其他课程 相比，这些课程
即使报酬并不优厚, 我还是决定接受那个新职位。(even though)
Suggested answer: I have decided to accept the new post, even though the job is
not very well paid.
这项工作在实际开始干之前，一直被认为是十分简单的。(until + non-finite clause)
Suggested answer: The job has been taken to be very simple until (it is) actually
既然你计划移居加拿大， 你就必须努力适应冬季的严寒天气。(now that; adjust to)
Suggested answer: Now that you are planning to move to Canada, you must try to
adjust to cold weather in winter.
Suggested answer: He promised to help us to buy the house, but with a little
Suggested answer: This is an important meeting. Please see to it that you are not
late for it.
Suggested answer: He is an experienced businessman who has engaged in foreign
trade for quite a few years.
1. He made up his mind to talk to the girl about his plan, even though he knew she might
very well refuse to listen.
Suggested answer: 他决心向那个女孩谈自己的计划，即使他知道她很可能拒绝听。
2. Once off that long High Street, he found himself in some very poor parts of the town.
Suggested answer: 一离开那条长长的正街，他就发现自己身处城里十分贫穷的区域。
3. When hearing the song, I couldn't help crying and remembering those difficult days.
Suggested answer: 听到那首歌，我不禁悲从中来，想起了那些困苦的日子。
4. Finding the right balance between work and play is necessary for a person who wants to
lead a healthy life.
Suggested answer: 每个想过健康生活的人，都必须在工作和娱乐之间寻求适当的平衡 。
5. My first boss was a really nasty person, who seemed to enjoy making life difficult for
everyone. I didn't work for him long before leaving
Suggested answer: 我的第一位老板真让人讨厌, 让每个人日子难过似乎是他的乐趣。我干了没多久
6. Will you please see to it that this work is finished by the end of the week? The head office
is considering sending you to London on important business.
Suggested answer: 你能确保在本周末之前完成这项工作吗？伦敦有重要公干，总公司正在考虑派你
她如此专心地读那本书，以至于有人进来她也没意识到。(so... that, be absorbed in, not
Suggested answer: She was so absorbed in reading the book that she was not
conscious of someone coming in.
Suggested answer: He was late for almost an hour for the first meeting, leaving a
bad impression on everyone.
(consciously or unconsciously, make up one's mind)
Suggested answer: Consciously or unconsciously, we make up our minds about
people through their eyes, faces, bodies, and attitudes.
周教授一生都致力于语言教学事业。(be committed to)
Suggested answer: Professor Zhou was committed to the cause of language
teaching all his life.
(consistently, at one's best)
Suggested answer: Many how-to books advise that if you want to make a good
impression, the trick is to be consistently you, at your best.
媒体有时会传递含混不清的信息，但大多数人相信亲眼所见胜于耳闻。(mixed messages, over)
Suggested answer: The media sometimes sends mixed messages, but most people
believe what they see over what they hear.
1. Professor Smith's lecture on body language was so important that all of the students
took it seriously
Suggested answer: 史密斯教授关于形体语言的讲座非常重要，所有的学生都很认真地对待这次讲
2. Realizing it wasn't her fault, the chairman smiled at her to lighten the atmosphere.
Suggested answer: 董事长意识到这不是她的过错，对她笑了笑来缓和气氛。
3. She was so angry that she threw my cup on the floor, breaking it into pieces.
Suggested answer: 她大怒，把我的杯子摔在地上，摔得粉碎。
4. By reading his body language, you can tell whether he is being truthful with you or if he
is just giving you an excuse.
Suggested answer: 观察他的形体语言，你可以判断出他是在跟你说实话还是仅仅找个借口敷衍你。
5. No matter what people are saying to you, remember that sometimes
louder than words
Suggested answer: 不管人们对你说些什么，记住观其行胜于闻其言。
6. Body movements are unconscious forms of expressions and they can convey certain
information to the audience.
Suggested answer: 肢体动作是表达感情的无意识形式，能向观众传递某种信息。
我希望我们的努力对预防艾滋病有所帮助。(Use an attributive clause)
Suggested answer: I hope that the effort that we've made will be of some use to the
battle against AIDS.
Suggested answer: Despite all the efforts from the local organizations in the battle
against AIDS, the number of people in rural areas diagnosed with AIDS has been
请把电视关掉，因为噪音会使她分心，无法专心做作业。(distract sb. from sth.)
Suggested answer: Please turn off the TV, because the noise will distract her from
Suggested answer: It was a long time before the company implemented the
program to improve the quality of its goods because of lack of money and
在报名参加这门课程前，你最好对它有所了解。 (sign up for)
Suggested answer: You'd better learn something about the course before signing
up for it.
该政策对推动当地经济发展起着越来越重要的作用。(play a role)
Suggested answer: The policy is playing a more and more important role in
promoting the development of local economy.
1. The patient's immune system would reject the new heart as a foreign object.
2. Some people say that many of us eat so badly that we suffer mental and physical
damage because of both vitamin and mineral deficiency.
3. Biomedical research will enable many individuals infected with HIV to live longer, more
4. The central government has published a five-year action plan meant to encourage all
parts of society to join in AIDS prevention and control.
5. Disease symptoms do not usually appear until six to ten years after a person is infected
6. For years, the world stared at the spreading AIDS disaster and argued whether effective
AIDS care could ever be practical in poor countries.
1爆炸后五分钟警察就到了车站，记者也到了。(Use to introduce an inverted sentence)
Suggested answer: The police got to the station five minutes after the explosion,
and so did the reporters.
Suggested answer: Even if you disagree with her, she is worth listening to.
3负责调查的官员只给新闻记者提供了一些事实真相。 (nothing but)
Suggested answer: The news reporters were given nothing but bare facts by the
officials in charge of the investigation.
Suggested answer: The room was well decorated, but the color of the curtain did
not go well with the overall style.
5每次去我丈夫出生的地方，我们总是一家家地拜访他的亲戚。(make the rounds)
Suggested answer: Whenever we go back to the place where my husband was
born, we always make the rounds of his relatives
Suggested answer: Contrary to his hope, his girlfriend's parents are not as
approachable as his parents.
1. I asked quite a few waiters, who said nothing but smiled at me, before the message
registered that my English was not good enough.
2. The university president was so angry at the dean that he went a step further and
removed him from his post.
3. If you ask the question in front of the kid's friends, he may say
4. If you want to graduate with a degree, you should stay away either from online games
or from part-time work.
5. Although he hasn't received a college education himself, he looks down on those who
have no college degree.
6. He suggested quite a few ideas about the managing of the company, but none of them
1警察放大了失踪女孩的照片，这样他们能容易认出她。(Use + object + V-edstructure)
Suggested answer: The police had the photograph of the missing girl enlarged so
that they could recognize her easily.
2我喜欢乘公共汽车上班，而不是自己驾车。那天上午也不例外。(rather than, no exception)
Suggested answer: When I go to work, I prefer to take a bus rather than drive and
that morning was no exception.
3 这位老人见到自己的孙女走进屋时站了起来，竟意想不到地移动了几步，就好像他能行走了似的。(get to
one's feet, as if) Suggested answer: When he saw his granddaughter coming into the
house (Seeing his granddaughter coming into the house), the old man got to his
feet and moved several steps unexpectedly as if he could walk by himself.
节。(focus on, additional details)
Suggested answer: At that time we focused our attention on that painting without
noticing anything unusual around us, and we can't offer any additional details.
Suggested answer: The two robbers' methods suggested they might be the same
men who had committed a number of robberies in the area over the past few
6无论这个问题多么令人讨厌，它都是我们必须正视的问题。(no matter how)
Suggested answer: It's a question we have to face no matter how unpleasant it is
1. Experience told him that a woman's natural instinct was to defend herself rather than
hurt the attacker.
2. The room is looking much better since she had the walls repainted.
3. Teenage crime was out of control in many parts of the country, and this city was no
4. Weeks after the robbery, he was afraid to go outside, fearing that he would come face to
face with the robber a second time.
5. The victim described to the policemen how a man, who suddenly emerged from the
shrub, robbed her.
6. For many Americans today, weekend work has unfortunately become the rule rather
than the exception.
introduce an adverbial clause)
Suggested answer: I keep the picture where I can see it every day as it reminds
me of my university days.
2在一些国家，所谓的“平等”并不真正意味着所有人拥有平等的权利。(Use meaning to
introduce a noun clause)
Suggested answer: In some countries, what is called
mean equal rights for all people.
Suggested answer: He is used to keeping a dictionary at hand so that he can find
the meaning of new words he comes across.
4面对个人压力时，你应该坚信自己将达到最终目标。(confront with, stand for)
Suggested answer: When confronted with personal pressure, you should stand
firmly for your belief that you will reach your ultimate goal.
5换言之，要保持自我，面对现实，不可贪财图利。(sell out to)
Suggested answer: In other words, be yourself and face reality, but don't sell out
Suggested answer: I don't like those people who always rely on external factors in
order to feel good about themselves.
1. Many of his former classmates thought that Tom, who believed in
Suggested answer: 汤姆相信为钱而挣钱，他的许多老同学都认为他把自己卖给了营利主义。
2. The bottom line is that you gain respect from others only when you have learned to
Suggested answer: 重要的是，你只有学会了尊重自己，才能赢得别人的尊重。
3. His determination, his refusal to yield, and possibly his integrity had helped him win the
Suggested answer: 使他取得成功的是他的决心，他不甘屈服的精神，也可能还有他的正直。
4. The teacher gave credit to the students who had studied hard and done fine in the exam.
Suggested answer: 老师表扬了那些学习用功、考试考得好的学生。
5. I could make myself feel good by singing, walking or appreciating the beauty of the
Suggested answer: 通过唱唱歌，散散步，欣赏欣赏自然界的美，我就能使自己感觉良好。
6. If you keep on working hard like this, you will do fine in any other company.
Suggested answer: 如果你继续这样努力工作，你在任何别的公司都能干得很好。
- 适合2-6岁儿童 亲子阅读
- 诗词诵读《龟虽寿》 原创 国家大赛获奖教案